Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday Feature: Casey Jones as covered by Michael Richardson

This week's Friday Feature goes to a cover of Casey Jones!


When I looked at Casey Jones initially, the only thing I could think about in terms of covering was that it would make a great acoustic song for a male singer with a country vibe. So, this week I set out to find someone who not only fit that mold, but did it justice.

Meet Michael Richardson. :)

There aren't a ton of covers of this song on YouTube, believe it or not. And of the handful of covers that do exist, most of them leave a lot to be desired. This one is an exception! Michael has covered this really really well. His voice is great, very well suited to the song. And he plays a Takamine (which I may be biased towards because I learned to play on one) that has a really nice sound, even though it's being played without any amplification, as far as I can tell. Not to mention he's a great guitarist to begin with! He has all the components necessary to do this song well, and it shows. I'm super thrilled to have stumbled upon this one.

More about Michael Richardson: All I could really find on this talented guy was his YouTube channel. But there's a lot on there to look at! He's got a bunch of instructional videos that have accrued thousands of views, and a really successful cover of Lime in the Coconut that I really liked. You can check out his channel here.

Thank you, Michael Richardson, for sharing this with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment