Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Feature: The Chain as covered by Rachel Ann Cauilan

This week's Friday Feature goes to Rachel Ann Cauilan,with her guitar cover of The Chain, by Fleetwood Mac!


The first Friday Feature ever was an a cappella group, so this week I decided I'd go in the opposite direction and do an instrumental. This is a tough song to play!

Meet the lady who has done it justice, Rachel Ann Cauilan. :)

I listened to the song an extra handful of times before browsing Youtube, and there's a lot of intricate stuff going on in the guitar parts for sure. I wasn't totally sure I was going to find a decent cover anywhere. But it didn't take me too long to come across this really awesome rendition. Not only did Rachel play the entire song pretty much perfectly, her guitar tone is absolutely stellar, which isn't something you find a ton of on the internet, unfortunately. And she says she only learned it the night before recording it! I've been playing guitar for seven years and never would I be confident enough to post something I had only learned that recently, which makes this all the more impressive. Rachel, you are a hell of a player. 

If you're interested in hearing more from Rachel, you can check out her Youtube channel here, which includes covers Blackbird and California Dreamin', both favorites of mine. You can also visit  her wordpress blog, tumblr, and twitter pages.


Thanks for sharing your guitar skills with the world, Rachel!


No comments:

Post a Comment