Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Feature: Hurt as covered by Emily Seal

This Friday Feature goes out to a cover of a cover.


Emily Seal covering Hurt, as covered by Johnny Cash!



I didn't really have any expectations when looking for a cover of this one; I knew that there would be a lot to choose from, though. Being associated with both Nine Inch Nails and Johnny Cash encompasses a wide group of people. I listened to a bunch and I wasn't blown away at any point, until I clicked on this link.


Meet Emily Seal!


I had already decided on a different cover, but clicked on this last one just as a whim, and I am SO glad I did. I am absolutely in love with this girl's voice. Holy cow. If you haven't heard of Ron Pope, listen to something by him; he's a favorite of mine and she sounds like the female version of him in the best way. In this cover, Emily didn't miss a single note, and she has the most impressive amount of vocal control. She might have the coolest voice I've ever heard from a Youtube video. I can't stress to you enough how talented she is. If you only listen to one thing today, make it this cover.


More about Emily Seal: I'm not sure why this video doesn't have ten thousand views. It's better than any other cover I looked at. But I dug a little deeper and discovered that Ms. Seal is doing very, very well. She's a Canadian recording artist with a slew of nominations and awards already received, along with a lengthy list of accolades and accomplishments. She has a CD out, titled If You Keep This Up (which I will be buying once I finish writing this post), a killer website, and a Facebook page you can check out if you like what you've heard above, and how could you not?!


Not that Emily Seal needs my accolades here, as she has already earned herself plenty, but I can't help but give them anyways. She's living my dream at the moment, and she's absolutely earned the right to be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment